Wednesday 19 June 2013

1 foot in front of the other..

After attempting to write a blog a couple of times before and failing miserably, I *almost* gave it up as a 'bad job'. I would overthink & undertype worrying that i would be going off on an irrelvent tangent. (which I'm rather good at!) I have since realised that I don't need to have a blog about something specifc, I can just blog for bloggings' sake, so this is what I'll do.

I recently went on holiday to Benidorm (a story for another day) and since this is one of the rare oppirtunities I get to do some reading; I took a book with me called 'The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce'. Although I am still only half way through this book it has already been the main inspiration for this blog. The book is a story about a
retired gentleman who has a dull life with his wife of over 40 years, their lust has long gone and conversation is limited to essential chit chat. They have essentially grown apart without even realising it and one day Harold sets off to walk to a post box to post a letter to old friend and he decides to just keep on walking...

He describes how fascinating the outdoors can be and how many possibilities lie before you when you just put one foot in front of the other. I have always enjoyed being outdoors but since I got my dog I have taken to walking like a duck takes to water and I share the same vision as Harold Fry.. Anything really *is* possible by just putting one foot in front of the other.

So here starts my blog, with a single step.
Me & My faithful companion Dora (the mianture schnauzer explorer)

No comments:

Post a Comment