Friday 13 June 2014

Good Day, Bad Day & So on..

This is how my running seems to be going.



I'll set out for a jog on day 1 with no particular goal or time constraints, feeling great.. Cover 5k with (relative) ease and have no complaints from my legs... But then, on day 2 it will all go to pot! 

Day 2 can start with such a positive feeling following the success of day 1, yet 15 minutes into it I can be struggling to fight off a stitch, or worse still shin pain!



I am really eager to join a running group and have even chosen the one I want to join, but the shortest distance they cover is 5k, so I really need to feel confident that I could run that week in week out without any issues. If every week was a day 1 run, I'd be laughing... But what happens if I turn up and it's a day 2 day? 

I wonder if I need to change my training plan or whether its all pscological??

Did anyone else have these types of issues when they first started out?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment