Friday 13 June 2014

A Day Out: Bury Agricultural Show 2013

After a busy weekend out in Manchester with friends I managed to escape a hangover on Sunday so i decided to take full advantage and head over to Bury Agricultural Show.

Bury show is held at Burrs Country Park just out of the town centre and always attracts a good crowd, whatever the weather. Luckily today the weather was fine.

I didn't arrive until after lunch but the place was still busy with the show in full swing. There was quite a queue to get into the car parks but it was free all day which was an added bonus.

With so much to see here it is a great day out for all the family, and being an animal lover I thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the different animals that were on show here. From sheep, to horses, birds and even llamas. There were donkey rides for children, falconry displays and even novelty dog shows such as 'Waggiest Tail'. After watching these canine delights I am now considering entering Dora next year? I wonder if there is a class for 'The Dog That Sleeps The Longest'? I'm sure she would win that paws down.

Other than dogs my passion for horses dates back many years, having previously owned & showed myself I love watching the horse classes here. Unless you've done it yourself, I don't think many will quite grasp the amount of hard work that goes into preparing for a horse show. I think everyone deserves a rosette just for turning up! There is a class for every type of horse and every age & ability of rider/handler, so what better way to spend your Sunday than showing off your Equine friend?

Aside from the animals who came to show off there were military vehicles, model aircraft and classic cars. Many of which were really quite impressive when you took the time to hear their history.

There were trade stands selling pet supplies, garden objects, cupcakes and even beauty products. Along with exhibitors promoting local services, charities and information. As for children, there were loads of options, fairground rides, bouncy castles & soft play areas... In my opinion everyone's a winner!



It was £6 for adults to enter and £4 for children which was reasonable for what Bury Show had to offer! I will certainly be going back next year, will you??

Please note this is not a paid review, just my opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment