Sunday 8 December 2013

'Discount' Halloween...

You may be wondering why I'm blogging about Halloween in December, but I assure you I have a good reason.

It's not always easy for a group of friends to get together for a party with so many different schedules to consider, so I usually find myself opting out of nights out because I work the most inconvenient shifts of the group. This has meant that over the years I have missed out on events that are held on specific dates, such as Halloween.

However, this year my friends decided that if we couldn't ALL make it for Halloween, then Halloween would make it for us. So with our diaries synced, it was decided that we would have a Halloween Party on November 30th, when it suited us.

Having arranged the party for 1 month after the official event, this meant that we could purchase our outfits and home decorations in the sales in early November, thus providing us with the name 'Discount' Halloween Party.

On the night, our friends' apartment was decorated brilliantly, not only with the usual cobwebs and plastic spiders, but with very impressive spooky images projected onto the walls - something that my friend Ben uses as part of his work at 4D Creative. A company dedicated to Immersive Learning, through sound, lighting, and projection which has huge impact on the learning experience.



We may have attracted a few odd looks when we passed people wearing their Christmas jumpers whilst we were fully dressed for a Halloween party, but with a few extra pounds in our pockets - who cares? And once inside, you would never have known that we were celebrating a month later than everyone else!



Have you ever celebrated something earlier/later to suit your schedule? Did you save any more in doing so?

 I would definitely do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment