Monday 18 November 2013

Get Out in Prestwich..Go to Cuckoo

Being a Prestwich dweller I have particular interest in what is going on close to home and with that, I try to support local businesses, so when I saw that a new bar had opened just around the corner I couldn't wait to check it out.

Cuckoo is a small yet stylish bar in Prestwich village centre, just a short walk from metrolink station, and with exposed brick walls and low level lighting it gives a feeling of warmth and welcome as soon as you step through the door. The furniture is 'old school' and with the menus printed on brown paper it trally gives a rustic feel to the experience.

We attended in a group of 4 for some food and drinks on a Friday evening. It wasn't too busy but there were enough people to give it a little 'buzz'.

Amongst other delights from the menu, we ordered the sharing platter of meats, cheeses and breads, and although there was no butter available (my only negative here) the waiter did bring us some oil and vinegar to moisten our large pile of selected breads. 



The food was delicious, and really reasonably priced. My favourite bit quite possibly being the sweet potatoes chips! Sound simple but taste amazing..You have to try them! 

NOM NOM: those famous chips with Iberian pork pinchos!

There is a more comfortable seating area downstairs too where you can relax and chat  to your friends whilst sinking into one of their leather sofas. 


I really enjoyed my visit to Cuckoo, and will definitely be going back to try out the rest of the menu!! Why not check out their Facebook page here to see what others say.

This post was not sponsored in any way and the views are my own.

Have you been to Cuckoo? What did you think?

Do you support any local businesses in your area? Is there anywhere you would recommend?

5 comments:

  1. The pork pinchos look amazing. Will keep this in mind if I'm in the area x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh sweet potatoe chips my fave, nom! looks like a fab little place xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks lovely. Shame I'm not closer. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been here, but it looks great. I love breads and cheeses - especially at Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm those sweet potato chips look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete