Monday 24 June 2013

Dear Diary...

Being a shift worker means I plan my rest days way way waaaay in advance. Like, I know what I'm working next Christmas nevermind this one!! So my diary gets full quite easily and some months I need to be really on form when it comes to organisation - and I don't even have any children! It must be crazy for the parents who work shifts as well as juggling their children's social commitments and bedtime routines.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bragging about having loads of friends, or loads of hobbies. The general duties of daily life seem to soak up so much time there is little left for social events!

I like it though, being busy. When your stuck in work in the middle of the night on a Friday and everyone else is out having fun or sleeping safely in their beds; looking at a schedule bursting with activity gives me something to focus on, something to look forward to. 

I wonder if anyone else is as 'diary obsessed' as I am? Or maybe you 'fly by the seat of your trousers'?
Do you have a hobby? What fun & exciting things have you got coming up?



No comments:

Post a Comment