Monday 15 July 2013

Race For Life - Heaton Park 2013

When a couple of my friends told me they were taking part in the Race For Life to raise money for Cancer Research UK it hit a nerve of my own.

There are so many people who are affected by cancer and unfortunately some of those have been people that I love. Some have fought it, some sadly did not & some are still battling it out.

These people are an inspiration to me. They teach you that life is what you make it and with that inspiration I signed up to run the 5k race and raised over £150 for the cause.


The day was on the hottest weekend of the year so far and it was challenging to keep hydrated. But I was determined to run this race, and I wanted to do it in under 45 minutes. 


Here I am at just under 4k, where Naomi & our friend Emma had stood to cheer me along! It was just what I needed, a buzz to spur me on as the last kilometre was the hardest as it was mainly uphill!

A couple of months ago I could barely run 200 metres without being out of breath with legs full of lactic acid. Today I finished 5000 in 36 minutes. 

No matter what the goal, you CAN do it. 


Me, my medal, my little pal Dora & my message to cancer.

What have you done today to make you feel proud?

No comments:

Post a Comment